Topic Brainstorm

The first topic I think I'd like to look at is Fairy Tale Princesses. This was a topic that interested me because these types of stories surround your childhood and many people are familiar with these. The previous knowledge that I have on these stories is just from what I remember hearing as a child. These stories are just not from Disney as many people associate them with. I think it would be fun to re write a fairy tale princess in the modern age or even within University of Oklahoma.

The second topic I thought was interesting was Greek Mythology. I took a class based on Greek Mythology so my knowledge about these stories isn't vast but we looked at a lot of them. I like the way that they usually have twists in them or they are just huge tragedies. The story about a Greek Game Story was entertaining to read and in the author's note he said that it was the hardest story for him to write because of how many questions he had to come up with but I think he did a good job.

Another topic that I liked was the OU Ghost Stories topic. I knew that there are superstitions regarding the campus like not walking under clock, but I had never heard of there being actual ghost/ghost stories on campus but apparently there are! This would be fun to retell because of how many different directions you can go with it. There is something exciting knowing that the place you are actually talking about is a place so near and dear to your heart (OU).

Lastly Mermaids!! What girl doesn't love mermaids? There's a long history of mermaids, another one that we can thank Disney for too! There are also recent "retellings" too like a Disney Channel Original Movie called Thirteenth Year  where there is a teenage boy (who's birth mother is a mermaid and was adopted by humans) starts puberty and starts to turn into a mermen. As far as further history about mermaids, I really only know them from these types of movies or cartoons and I hadn't done much research about them before that.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to Emily!

London, my favorite place!

Week 4 Story: Chad & Rachel